Home › LTD Program
LTD Program Overview
Leadership, Training & Development
LTD Class of 2012-2013
I am delighted that you are considering Christian camping as a full-time vocational ministry. The LTD program is designed to help prepare you for an effective and meaningful ministry.
Camp Forest Springs
I am thankful to the Lord for His faithfulness to Camp Forest Springs and the LTD program since 1976, training over 260 leaders to serve in Christian Camping ministry.
Educational Ministries Director
Camp Forest Springs
An Overview of the LTD Program
Since its founding in 1958, Camp Forest Springs has been committed to developing Christian leaders. The camp’s LTD (Leadership Training and Development) program is one tool through which God has been equipping leaders for ministries literally around the world.
The purpose of LTD is to help prepare participants for effective ministry in Christian camping or related fields. The program strengthens Christian leadership qualities through classroom instruction, informal discussion, and “hands-on” experiences.
Those enrolled in LTD receive practical training and experience in the major operational areas of a year-round Christian camp: administration, counseling, financial management, food service, maintenance, marketing, programming, and philosophy. Upon completion of the program, the LTD student will have
Develop relationships while serving and learning
- Been challenged to growth in spiritual life
- Experienced servant-leadership and developed ability to lead in ministry
- Demonstrated a capacity for serving in a variety of staff positions and with diverse ages and personalities
- Had exposure to the personnel, principles, and practices of the major departments in a large Christian camp
- Experienced the realistic and cyclic nature of life as a member of the year-round camp staff
- Recognized the complementary and relevant role of Christian camping in the ministry of the local church and in missions
- Developed a comprehensive philosophy of Christian camping that embraces the pursuit of excellence
- Demonstrated an ability to plan, organize, lead, and evaluate a Christian camping program
- Gained a solid foundation for positions in Christian camping